The SportEYE, acronym of “Empowering Your Sport Club, Children and Youth for the Environment in the Mediterranean Region” project has been conceived to work with sport clubs in order to empower children and young people and educate them on environmental sustainability.
Mainly focusing on the geographical and social scope of the European Mediterranean area, the project has the overall objective of improving the capacity of sports clubs on SDGs indicators from a holistic perspective, through the incorporation of a comprehensive multilevel curriculum that reaches managing and training staff, and ultimately children and youth.
Co-implemented by the ICSS through its ICSS Europe, SportEYE is a Cooperation Partnership framed under the horizontal priority “Environment and fight against climate change” of the Erasmus+ Programme which will be contributing to support across the sport sector awareness raising about environmental and climate-change challenges, designing and testing innovative practices to prepare managers, staff and coaches of sport clubs, and ultimately children and youth to become true agents of change.
Partners of SportEYE are International Olympic Truce Centre (IOTC), project leaders, Fútbol Más Spain (FMS), PLAY International, Sevilla Football Club Foundation (SFCF), Universita’ Cattolica del Sacro Cuore and European Football for Development Network (EFDN).
The Projects Specific Objectives are:
- Conduct research on the state of the art on existing policies, rules, strategies, measures, experiences and initiatives to promote the knowledge, assumption and adoption of the SDGs by sports organizations in their daily work, including a collection of good practices.
- Produce and implement an innovative educational package on specific strategies and practical measures for improving the social and environmental impact of team sport clubs on their local communities.
- Test on the field and check the progresses made by participants and measure the social and environmental impacts reached on their local communities thanks to the training received.
- Design and launch an online collaborative platform for fostering the networking among people, organisations and experts from different countries and backgrounds, all of them committed with the SDGs, for sharing ideas, experiences, knowledge and new materials on this topic.
- Develop policy recommendations aimed to the effective adoption of the SDGs by sports organisations for achieving positive social and environmental impacts on local communities.
- Contribute to the networking and cooperation between sport governing bodies, public authorities, educational institutions and team sport clubs in general for the promotion and strengthen of the positive social and environmental impact of these team sports clubs on their local communities in the Mediterranean Region through the adoption of the SDGs indicators in their daily work.
SportEYE will directly contribute and work with the following SDGs 4, 11,12, 13, 14, 16 and 17.
The project has a duration of 30 months, starting from 01-01-2023 and ending on 30-06-2025.
Leave a Reply